WILSON, John Burgess (1833-1903)

John Burgess Wilson (1833-1903) married Christina McPherson (1837-1881) in 1857. They selected the land to the northwest of High Bow Hill and established the property called Happy Valley in 1867.  They had ten children, one of whom died in infancy. The older children attended the Yarra Flats Common School and the younger ones attended Dixons Creek School. Their daughter Janet (known as Jessie) and her husband Joseph Smedley lived and farmed at Happy Valley after John Wilsons death.